16 Apr ESSEX COUNTY EXECUTIVE DIVINCENZO ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR 2018 ESSEX COUNTY ROADWAY RESURFACING PROGRAM Repaving County Roads Enhances Safety and Improves Quality of Life
Essex County, NJ – Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr. announced details of the Essex County’s Roadway Resurfacing Program for 2018. The annual paving contract is part of the DiVincenzo Administration’s initiative to enhance safety on the roads and the quality of life by modernizing infrastructure.
“Essex residents and motorists rely on our intricate network of roads to get to work, go to school and carry out their daily errands. My administration is committed to making sure our infrastructure is in the most modern condition so that our daily lives are not interrupted,” DiVincenzo said. “We apologize for any inconvenience the construction may cause, but the end result will improve our quality of life by making it easier and safer to travel through Essex County,” he added.
The County’s Roadway Resurfacing Program includes the following County Roads:
- Roseland: Eagle Rock Avenue from River Road to Passaic Avenue
- Roseland: Eagle Rock Avenue from Fernwood Avenue to Cortlandt Street
- West Orange: Eagle Rock Avenue from Pleasant Valley Way to Park Drive North
- East Orange and Newark: Park Avenue from North 15th Street in East Orange to North 11th Street in Newark
- Newark: Park Avenue from 4th Street to Bloomfield Avenue
- Roseland: Roseland Avenue from Bloomfield Avenue to Eagle Rock Avenue
- Newark: Broadway from Mill Street to Broadway/Clark Street
- Livingston and Millburn: Old Short Hills Road from Northfield Avenue in Livingston to Parsonage Hill Road in Millburn
- Orange and South Orange: Scotland Road from Main Street in Orange to South Orange Avenue in South Orange
- Newark: South Orange Avenue from Grove Street to Howard Street
- Bloomfield: Broad Street from the Passaic County line to Bloomfield Avenue
- West Caldwell and Caldwell: Westville Avenue from Passaic Avenue to 246 Westville Avenue in West Caldwell and Washburn Place to Roseland Avenue in Caldwell
- Caldwell and Essex Fells: Runnymeade Road from Westville Avenue in Caldwell to Roseland Avenue Essex Fells
- Maplewood: Valley Street from Hixon Place to the Union County line
The project includes milling the old surface off the road, repairing broken curbing, improving handicapped ramps and crosswalk areas at intersections, laying new pavement and painting striping on the new surface.
Smith Sondy Asphalt Construction Co. from Wallington, N.J., was awarded a publicly bid contract for $8,161,575 to perform the construction work. The project is being supervised by the Essex County Department of Public Works. The resurfacing is being funded with a grant from the NJ Department of Transportation.